A Greener Indiana

Everybody can do something to make a greener Indiana

Don’t throw away those old phone books---recycle them! There are eight locations where residents can drop off phone books to be recycled in Indianapolis.

Indianapolis Recycled Fiber
• 1775 S. West Street - Drop phonebooks in the green bin marked “Phone Books Only."

Republic Services
• 4934 Robison Rd. (96th Street Transfer Station)
• 3617 Southeastern Ave. (Circle City Recycling)
• 2069 N Montcalm Ave.
AT&T Distribution Warehouses
• North Side: 8019 Allison Avenue.
• East Side: 6515 Olivia Lane
• West Side: 4750 Kentucky Avenue
• South Side: 3000 South Shelby

For information regarding where to recycle anything from antifreeze to vinyl siding, visit www.kibi.org and peruse the “Recycle and Reuse Guide.” The “Recycle and Reuse Guide” is maintained by Keep Indianapolis Beautiful, Inc. in partnership with the City of Indianapolis.

Views: 729

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

and if you don't want to get phone books anymore just check this out http://www.agreenerindiana.com/forum/topic/show?id=1995154%3ATopic%...
Thanks for this info, Eric. I always lament the waste created by phone books. I've already signed the petition. Any ideas on how to get AT&T to stop sending their phone books? This year they supplied me with four different ones! Talk about destroying our trees . . .
theoretically this will stop you getting phone books if you follow the directions in the post linked above.

Since 2001, I have been exclusively using a cell phone and I do not get phone books.

by the way....my understanding is that you cannot recycle phonebooks into another paper product because the fiber length of the paper is so short that you can't recycle it into any other paper product.

RSS

Feed from Indiana Living Green Magazine

Through a glass, darkly

Is there anywhere to recycle the glass parts of a sliding glass door?  We recently replaced ours with French doors and don’t want to just throw them away.  I contacted RecycleForce, but they said they can’t accept them nor do they know of anyone that can, so I’m hoping you [...]

Tennis, anyone?

Renee,

Any ideas about what I could do with old tennis balls?

Your loyal reader,

Don Smith

Don,

Advantage, Renee! I do have some ideas for recycling tennis balls.

If you have more than 200 tennis balls, check out the reBounces recycling program. They will provide [...]

Brushing up

Renee,

I realize that not all toothbrushes are created equal, but are toothbrushes recyclable?

Sarah

Sarah,

Toothbrushes are made of at least three materials – nylon bristles, metal staples that hold the bristles in place, and plastic handles – which makes them challenging to recycle. They are not accepted by [...]

Reface Don't Replace

Refacing is greener than replacing - ecocountertopsusa.com

Reface! Don't Replace!
CLICK FOR MORE INFO

© 2014   Created by Eric Stallsmith.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service