A Greener Indiana

Everybody can do something to make a greener Indiana

We have constructed a sample letter for you to read, change as desired, then forward on to the representatives listed. It is important to try to head this off at this stage.

Contact Mitch Daniels at http://www.in.gov/gov/2631.htm
Contact State Rep. Bob Bischoff at h68@in.gov

HEC wrote the following

A popular Indiana forest recreation area is at risk. The Indiana Department of Natural Resources has plans to log the backcountry area at Morgan-Monroe and Yellowwood State Forests. This 2,700 acre forest area was first set aside as a formal "backcountry" area in 1981. Songbirds including the endangered cerulean warbler, wild turkey, whitetail deer, barred owl, and many other species live in this area. It provides a unique recreational experience on Indiana's state forest lands, and is heavily used by hikers, hunters, backpackers and trail runners.

The DNR's backcountry logging plan will be reviewed by an Indiana legislative study committee on October 29th. Please attend the hearing if you can. If you cannot attend, contact State Rep. Bob Bischoff ( h68@in.gov )and Governor Daniels and urge them to permanently protect this valuable backcountry forest recreation area.

Meeting details:
Natural Resources Study Committee
Thursday, October 29th
10:00 am
Room 404, Statehouse
200 W. Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204

Tags: forest, indiana, monroe, morgan, state, yellowwood

Views: 43

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and making it easy to respond!
I wish i would have checked my e-mail recently upon the request for preservation of Morgan Monroe & Yellowood forests. I would be glad to contact my representative on more concerns like these!

RSS

Feed from Indiana Living Green Magazine

Reface Don't Replace

Refacing is greener than replacing - ecocountertopsusa.com

Reface! Don't Replace!
CLICK FOR MORE INFO

© 2019   Created by Eric Stallsmith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service